Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The first post

So...a blog. You know, I was the kind of kid that looooved journals and diaries. I wanted every cute, fuzzy, colorful, Lisa Frankish diary that I came across. I'd buy it with my own money, lovingly pet it on the way home, and then race inside to get a pencil. I would then proceed to write the most epicest (in my child mind) of all journal entries, complete with stories and drawings and every color of colored pencil under the sun, and it would always include something like, "Imma write in you forever and ever and ever and I'll never miss a day!" And then I'd happily open the drawer in my bedside table to store it (just in case I had a WILD thought in the middle of the night that I had to record for posterity), and there it would be. My last journal. "Oh yeah!" I would think. "I bought you forever ago! I wondered where you went, silly journal." Except I didn't wonder where it went. It went in that drawer, and it exited my mind. I would inevitably open said forgotten journal and stare in horror at the last date I wrote in it. "Five months?" I would squeak with disbelief. "My goodness! Well, I won't do this with my NEW journal. Nope, I'll write in it every day!" And that lasted for, oh, 4 days. Tops. It's not like I had to be scared of taking it out for fear that a sibling might steal it. I'm an only child. I would always forget about my pretty journals. Every. Damn. Time.

And you know, I still do the exact same thing. I looooooove leather journals, with their awesome smell and...journalness. Thankfully I now have some semblance of self control, so I don't spend my money on every leather journal that crosses my path, because I still forget about them. I just found a small leather one in my bedroom and the last entry was, "You're going to be my wedding journal, because I'm getting married! Yay!" Except I got married last October. And Sam proposed two Christmases before that. So that's two and a half years that I forgot about that one. A personal record! Woo! I just went on my honeymoon, and the first thing I told my parents when we got back was, "I kept a journal EVERY DAY," and you're damn right I was proud about it.

So now I have this online version of the thing I love, but chronically forget about. So if I disappear for a while, just come back in 4 months. I'll probably find you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment